Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Our Birthday Boy is FIVE!

Our special day for Nicholas started with Daddy-decorations: balloons, streamers, birthday flags. You name it, Tom uses it to decorate. The stairway streamers were a new addition this year.

Nicholas got to choose the meals for the whole day. Breakfast was breakfast quesadillas, and lunch was....sandwiches! I bought this sandwich cutter a few months ago, hoping to entice him into eating sandwiches to no avail. But the dolphin/heart cutter is back, and was requested today.

I finished most of the cake during nap/rest time, but the kids helped by putting on the raspberries and the sprinkles. Nicholas' requirements for the cake were that it had to be raspberry, pink, green and blue. I remade the strawberry cream cake I made for his 4th birthday with raspberries instead, tinted the icing pink, and had them cover it with blue and green sprinkles. What would we do without sprinkles?!?

He had me make homemade macaroni and cheese with peas for dinner. In a pink bowl of course.

The big moment...

Charlotte was NOT, I repeat NOT happy that it was not her birthday, or that she couldn't just have cake for dinner.

Once we finally got around to eating the cake, all became well in the world once again.

Nicholas has inherited my eat-every-last-bite-of-cake gene.

Presents! (Charlotte pretends to be interested, but really just keeps working on her cake)

His present from us was a new set of golf clubs so we adjourned the party to the outdoors to try them out. He got his last clubs on his 3rd birthday, and it was (conveniently) time to move up to the next size. Now he has five clubs in his bag. Watch out!

Birthday Boy

2 comments:

Rachel H said...

Happy, happy 5 Nicholas! I am amazed he ate, even requested, a sandwich. There's a whole new world of menus avaliable now! :-)

Abbey said...

So cute! I'm so excited for you that sandwiches are in the mix now :) It looks like it was a great day. love you all!