Monday, May 17, 2010

Battle of the Wills


I'm a stubborn, stubborn person. I'm being paid back for this by being given a stubborn, stubborn daughter. As this is the second episode just this week, I thought I'd document it for posterity:

Charlotte woke up from her nap and we came downstairs. Although the weather was yucky, the kids wanted to play in the garage (sounds sad, but they have fun riding bikes, doing chalk, kicking the soccer ball around etc). Nicholas was out the door in two seconds, and all Charlotte needed was to put on her shoes. I told her I would help her if she would go get them by the back door. Whining ensued. Then the screaming started. And lasted for over 20 minutes. "But I want YOU to get them". Keep in mind that we were in the kitchen, about 6 feet from her shoes. But we both dug our heels in and we were in a stand off. At one point, she was standing over her shoes, leaning over them crying "But I can't REACH them!" I was laughing so hard at that point because it was just such a hilarious image. She's leaning over, her fingers two inches from her shoes: "But I can't REACH them!" She did finally give in, we got shoes on and went out. But it does concern me that we're in these battles at 2. How am I going to be dealing with this at 15??? Yikes!

1 comment:

Abbey said...

Oh my gosh, I'm laughing out loud right now! Love it! Heaven help us if we have a girl someday...