Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The F Word

Last night, the kids and I were on our way home and as always I was in "prepare for the madness that is the 6:30 bedtime routine" mode. I looked at the kids and asked "What do we need to do when we get home?" I was expecting them to mention putting shoes away, getting right upstairs for bath/shower. Those kinds of things. Charlotte looked at me very seriously and said "Focus." Obviously I have used this word a lot in the past during bedtime routine madness!


Tonight when the kids were getting ready for bed (always rough on Wednesdays when Nicholas has music until 5pm) that word came up again. I asked Nicholas if he knew what that meant, because as much as I say it...I really wasn't positive that they knew. He said yes, and gave me this explanation - "It means no fooling around. And to be quick and careful. Especially when carrying fragile things". Love it!

No comments: