Friday, November 25, 2011
Happy Thanksgiving (a day late!)
Due to unforeseen turkey issues and too late of a start on Thursday, Tom and I sent the kids to bed with a dinner of chicken quesadillas and ate a lovely Thanksgiving grownup meal after the kids went down. But Friday was designated our Family Feast Day. It actually turned out nice because all the cooking was already done and we had a nice relaxing meal together. Since I'm still recovering from my tonsilectomy I hadn't really planned on making a big meal, but the requests kept pouring in, and I couldn't deny my son who asked for turkey, green beans and cornbread. (I made all of those along with pear cranberry sauce, stuffing, gravy and pumpkin pie)
Charlotte's pilgrim hat from a few years ago got lost somehow, so she opted for Pocahontas. She doesn't really like pie, just whipped cream. So that's what she had for dessert. A pile of whipped cream!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment