Due to Nicholas having a fever and being diagnosed with influenza yesterday (as well as a probable secondary infection) we had to forgo the trick-or-treating this year so as not to spread the flu throughout our neighborhood . I thought this would be a huge problem (especially because Nicholas was feeling basically 100% tonight since he's been on medication), but it turned out to be such a fun night...we didn't even miss it! I snagged this picture in between trick-or-treaters. Charlotte wore Nicholas' lion costume from when he was 2, and Nicholas wore his monkey from last year. It is the last picture of that big pumpkin. Sometime during the night it disappeared!
One source of entertainment? Well there was a big game on! USC played Oregon, a big intrafamily rivalry. Sadly for us, USC was beaten handily by Oregon (the alma mater of two of my brothers).
Nicholas tried to help out. Having ditched the monkey coat (it's a little toasty), he practiced his kickoffs:
What form!
Charlotte cheered him on
Charlotte also got hot, ditched the costume and started her own game of jumping off the family room steps. She loves counting to three and then jumping. She holds up one finger for all three numbers as she counts.
She got more and more brave at the door as we passed out candy. Nicholas watched from the family room window as the kids came up the front walk. He wanted to know what every costume was. I couldn't even tell what some of them were! I fear the boy costumes of the future.
In the end, there was enough candy for all our visitors, with more than enough left over for our family.
Happy Halloween to all!
1 comment:
So so cute. I cannot believe how Charlotte is growing up! Her hair is lovely. I am thinking that one of Nicholas' toughest decisions in life is going to be WHICH sports to participate in. What a talented boy he is!
Post a Comment