Every Halloween, Nicholas' preschool rents out the Magic House for an evening. (Here are last year's pictures) This year we planned on taking the whole crew, but Charlotte needed to recover so Nicholas and I headed off alone. We spent the entire two hour party in one small exhibit. There is a traveling exhibit about Curious George here that Nicholas hadn't seen. He was hooked. And not at all because of Curious George.
There was golfing. Three holes with different obstacles.
There was a big conveyor-belt thing that required both loading and turning of a wheel.
Nicholas was a total "turn the wheel" hog. He had to be reminded that there were other kids also interested in taking a turn.
So there I sat. Watching most parents and kids come and go out of our little room. But not my Nicholas, who has always had the longest attention span of anyone his age. He could only be convinced to leave for one reason:
pumpkin donut holes

In the end, it was all about having fun, and boy did he ever. I certainly know where to take him for serious entertainment!
No comments:
Post a Comment