Sunday, February 8, 2009

60 Years Young

I went to Oregon for the weekend as a surprise to celebrate my mom's 60th birthday. I was horrible about taking pictures, but I did capture a few!

When I came around the corner at the restaurant Friday night, my mom flashed this smile. Really?? No big 'Wow, you're here' moment? Turns out she didn't realize that it was me behind the camera.

Then she realized.

We had a party the next night (also a surprise) with her family and friends. She was glowing!

Quick snuggles with my niece, Ava
I got to meet my beautiful niece, Elyse, for the first time.

My mom shares her birthday with my nephew, Henry. Just 55 years apart!

It was a fun, jam-packed trip. The weirdest thing was traveling by myself. I haven't taken a kid-free plane trip since Nicholas was born. I had almost forgotten the joy of reading (and sleeping!) on a plane. I missed my family, but had a wonderful time with Carl and Libby and kids and celebrating the birthdays. Definitely reminds me what we miss by living so far away in St Louis!

1 comment:

Rachel H said...

Love seeing these pics! What fun!!