Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Nicholas Turns 4 1/2


Otherwise known as Fat Wednesday. We put off Lent for one day and celebrated with our traditional 1/2 cake. What I seemed to have forgotten from last year when we instituted this tradition was that it's best to make a one layer cake into the half-cake. I made a two layer cake, which then morphed into the world's tallest half-cake. It was lemon, with pink (lemon flavored buttercream) frosting and yellow sprinkles per the birthday boy's request. Nicholas used that phrase all day (since I think I mentioned it once this morning). "Mama, I get to choose the song. It's the birthday boy's choice". etc. We had a nice little family celebration of our little man. Four and a half seems so old...
One cute anecdote: Nicholas eats lunch at school on Wednesdays. I rarely send a dessert in his lunch, but being his half birthday and all (which to Nicholas' dismay was not celebrated with cupcakes in his classroom), I sent him with half of a sugar cookie. When I picked him up and looked in his lunch bag, it was still there. Nicholas (being my son) isn't one to turn down anything sweet, so I asked him about it. He said he didn't eat it because he didn't finish all his lunch vegetables. My, my that rule has taken hold!

No comments: