Now we have discovered something I haven't seen in the States (or maybe I'm not as widely informed as I thought about American donuts??) Here, they have custard filled fánk...with a hole. A hole! I have never seen this. Here they are sold in the markets...and at Subway, which is where Nico got his. Yum!
Thursday, March 27, 2014
Filled Fánk
Is it bad that one of the first Hungarian words my children learned was fánk, which means donut? I blame it all on their Hungarian Culture instruction. Fánk are part of the Farsang celebration. People wear masks with horns and other people hang donuts on the horns...sounds good to me. Anyway, the kids' school served fánk on the day of the Farsang parade. The kids fell in love.
Now we have discovered something I haven't seen in the States (or maybe I'm not as widely informed as I thought about American donuts??) Here, they have custard filled fánk...with a hole. A hole! I have never seen this. Here they are sold in the markets...and at Subway, which is where Nico got his. Yum!
Now we have discovered something I haven't seen in the States (or maybe I'm not as widely informed as I thought about American donuts??) Here, they have custard filled fánk...with a hole. A hole! I have never seen this. Here they are sold in the markets...and at Subway, which is where Nico got his. Yum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Monster indeed!
Post a Comment