Friday, October 24, 2008

Family Tree


Yes. It is in fact 2:10am and I've just finished the Family Tree we have to turn in at school tomorrow. Nicholas' class has literacy bags that are taken home for two nights and contain books, an activity of some sort, an art project etc. Nicholas' from Wednesday was the Houses/Family topic. We just took it out of the car this afternoon (whoops..I mean Thurs afternoon!). Turns out that besides reading a few books and drawing a picture of your house, you needed to create a photo family tree - 3 generations. They are making books all about themselves that I'm imagining the family tree will be part of. This is by far the most complicated thing we've had to do, but I figured, how hard can this be in the age of digital photos? Let me just tell you....REALLY HARD. Between finding photos on the computer/websites/'07 Christmas cards, then printing those pictures, then reducing many of them because they were still too large for the tiny spaces they needed to occupy, then cutting them to size...it's been a long night. (Perhaps here I should mention that I was out until after 11 for a neighborhood Girl's Night, so it's only been since then that I've been working on it.) My plan was to let Nicholas glue these on in the morning so he'd at least be a little involved (he lasted through about 10 minutes of computer searching this afternoon), but at this point I want it done so it can be in his backpack ready to go. He did do the house picture this afternoon with Grandma King, so we've got that going for us.
Why, you may ask, am I writing a post about this at this time of night? I have no idea except that once I got it into my head to stick this on the blog, it had to be done. And now it's here. Goodnight!

1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

I love it. I hope you made a copy for Charlotte's baby book too.