Thursday, October 9, 2008

Happy First Birthday, Charlotte!

What a great day to celebrate Charlotte's birth! I can't believe it's been a whole year since her arrival!

Tom spent some time the night before blowing up balloons for Charlotte (one of her favorite things). That helium tank has sure come in handy. We'll be sad when it's empty! Charlotte and her brother both enjoyed some balloon-fun before breakfast.

We also had a morning visit from our neighbor, Gloria.

I can't believe I'm one!


Or that I look so much like my brother did on his first birthday!


Balloons, balloons, balloons!

After naps, I thought I'd pop the kids in the new wagon (Charlotte's present from us). Little did I know that the assembly was not something to be accomplished with two awake kiddos...certainly not with two kids actually SITTING in the wagon! We had to wait to use the wagon another day. At least outside. They were perfectly happy sitting in it in the living room with no wheels.


We went to dinner at Dewey's, St Louis' best pizza by far, since it has food Charlotte can/will eat and is relatively loud and kid-friendly. Charlotte ate lots of meatballs. We capped off the evening at home with pumpkin cake and whipped cream. And presents!

It didn't take her long to realize her love of whipped cream...

One of the favorite new birthday toys

This was a present for...I mean FROM...Nicholas. Let's just say that they're both big fans of the ball popper. It plays music and pops up balls out of that central tube. Such fun.

I'm sure next October will be here before we know it. We will try to relish the time between now and then. As for the walking... I'm pretty sure Charlotte knows she can walk. She just chooses not to. And I suppose that's her right. Just don't expect video any time soon!

No comments: