Santa had come in the night. Nicholas loved his new pink toothpaste.
We have a tradition that baby Jesus doesn't get put in the manger of the nativity scene until Christmas morning. Which reminds me of a story... When we first put the nativity scene out a few weeks ago, I was thinking we needed some new pieces, and I asked Nicholas what he thought we might want to get. He really, really thought about it and then said..."I think we need a baby Jesus". Apparently the tradition hasn't quite sunk in with him yet!
I made a new recipe of cinnamon rolls that are prepared the night before and then rise in the refrigerator. They were way, way over the top. I think I can adjust the recipe to contain a little less fat and sugar for next year.

After some breakfast, we started in on some presents. Nicholas was determined to get into this one using his own scissors. And he did!

We went to 11:00 mass, then took a quick picture before the kids changed clothes. I'm impressed they're both smiling and looking at the camera!

Gotta love the Santa dress and velvet bow shoes.

After lunch, Daddy took Charlotte for a walk in the backpack. She LOVES the backpack.

More presents. Also note the Santa on the table which was brought over in the morning along with presents for the kids by our neighbor, Gloria. Charlotte is a big fan of Santa.

Nicholas had very sweetly picked out some animals for Charlotte. He so thoughtfully chose ones he knew she would like. If only Target had carried penguins...

Charlotte got Nicholas a motorized iguana

Another tradition we have is Christmas birthday cake. Nicholas sang a very joyful Happy Birthday, Baby Jesus.

Charlotte wasn't so sure about the gingerbread at first, but ended up eating her piece completely.
Then it was off to bed for the kids and a bit of cleanup and relaxation for Tom and me. A wonderful day for our little family of four.
No comments:
Post a Comment