Grandpa Doug (my dad), was able to make the long trip from Puerto Rico to spend the Thanksgiving weekend with us. It was so nice to be able to show him our life here in St. Louis. We took him to tour the Anheiser-Busch brewery, but mostly we just hung out and got to spend some quality time around the house. He made some amazing pie (Dutch apple is his specialty), pan-sized man-cakes (a total throw-back to my childhood), and great (but potent!) margaritas for the adults. He was also a major force (along with Tom) in getting our Christmas lights hung outside for the first time since we've lived here. The kids had a blast reading and playing games with him. Charlotte and Grandpa Doug really bonded. In fact when she woke up from her nap after he had left, she was asking for him. Just to make sure I was understanding her (it's all in the intonation with her speech right now!) I asked if she wanted Grandpa. She nodded and broke out in a huge smile. I had to break the news that he had gone back to Puerto Rico. We hope to see him again soon!
Nicholas riding a buckin' bronco with one hand in the air
The book reading chair
Taken by Nicholas, our budding photographer!
1 comment:
So good to see pics of your dad! I am glad you enjoyed your visit!
Post a Comment