Every few years, Tom's company, Emerson, hosts a huge family party for all the corporate employees. This was our first one in Tom's 3 1/2 years with Emerson. There was amazing food, and oh so much more...
Yes, Oreo tagged along and hung out on the table while we ate. They had a whole buffet of kid friendly food, plus a pasta bar, carving station, sushi bar, cold appetizers, warm appetizers. It was a little overwhelming! Did I mention there was a chocolate fountain?? Every four year-old's dream. I must admit that I was pretty excited about it too! Pretzel rods, strawberries and marshmallows dipped in chocolate... Mmmmmm.
In the big new auditorium, they played the Grinch cartoon on a loop. Nicholas watched a bit of it with Oreo. He loves that book and movie!
They had photo booths there for family photos.
Then came a visit with Santa. That clearly went over well with Charlotte. We gave up on her, but listened as Nicholas asked Santa for a police car. This was news to Santa and would require Santa to go on a police car hunt. Or so I imagine. Santa gave them Build-a-Bears as parting gifts.
Charlotte had to be consoled after her Santa encounter with a gingerbread man.
It worked!
Tom may leave corporate Emerson in the near future to work for one of the divisions...but I guess we should try to be back at Corporate for the 2012 family party!
No comments:
Post a Comment