Friday, May 22, 2009

Mr Chatty

I love the fact that Nicholas is very outgoing and has no problem talking to people, young or old, and today it went to a whole new level. As we sat down for dinner at Sweet Tomatoes, there was a woman sitting in the booth next to us, eating her dinner alone. Nicholas struck up a conversation with her that lasted over 10 minutes. They talked about our family, the fact that he was a wearing a shirt from Prague that Daddy bought for him and any number of other random topics. I kept interjecting "I'm sure she'd like to eat her dinner, sweet pea" but she would shake her head and say she loved the conversation. Then she launched into the story of her life and that kids just hadn't been in the cards for her, but that she loved them. I'm glad he found a willing participant, because to many (and even me sometimes) eating in peace and quiet would have been the way to go!

No comments: