It's been forever since Nicholas and I have gotten to do something together without Charlotte, so we went today to see the Dinosaurs Alive IMAX movie at the Science Center. He thought it was the coolest. I actually learned a few things myself. Did you know that they now think that velocoraptors had feathers? Or that paleontologists protect fossils en route from the dig to the museum by encasing them in paper mache made from plaster and toilet paper? There's your trivia for the day. Anyway...afterwards we sat and had some lunch (which included sharing a bag of Doritos...a total treat for us both) and watched the Ball Machine. It's tough to describe. It's a three story tall ball mover with conveyor belts and slides and loops of track that the balls follow. Most of the time it's run by human power with a big mouse wheel you run on. Nicholas could watch it for hours. While we were heading home, Nicholas said that we should take Daddy and Charlotte to see the movie. When I replied that I thought it might be a bit scary for Charlotte, he said that maybe I could watch Charlotte because he wanted to show it to his Daddy. Cute, cute... Especially since Tom is spending two weeks of August out of town, it's nice to hear that his son is still his biggest fan.
Nicholas checks out the Ball Machine (I know...it's tough to see)
No comments:
Post a Comment