After opening a few gifts and eating breakfast (our only decent meal of the entire day), he was off trying out his bike. He worked at it a little inside (it was actually a little trickier than we thought it would be for him), but he really wanted to take it outside. He didn't realize the thrill of getting to ride the pristine bicycle inside the house. Never again will that happen!
To continue the festivities, we had cake for lunch! Nicholas had requested strawberry cake (at least it had fruit!). He also wanted it to be pink with sprinkles, both of which I planned on doing, but somehow forgot and he didn't seem to mind.
Check it out!
Nice job, Nico!
Charlotte got into the celebration too.
After lunch, it was off to Busch Stadium. Tom (thank you, Emerson!) had gotten the most amazing tickets to the Cardinals game. They were second row right next to the on-deck circle. It was really incredible. The section (called the Cardinals Club) also has a huge indoor restaurant/bar area with a full buffet setup. Crazy. And full food service at your seats. Did I mention it's all "free" for the low-low price of $180 a ticket?? Again, thank you Emerson!! Our attendant would come by and ask about every 5 minutes if she could get us something. Nicholas had nothing inside at the buffet except crackers, but took full advantage of the food outside. During the 7 innings we were there, he had a huge soft pretzal, a bag of Cracker Jack, part of a hot dog, part of a strawberry fruit popsicle, 2 pink lemonades and a bag of Dibs ice cream nuggets. Sounds like something out of The Very Hungry Caterpillar, huh? For all the fabulousness of the seats and the service, it was CRAZY HOT, and we were CRAZY SWEATY. But after an hour or so (and a few trips inside the Club for some air conditioning!) the shade moved our way and it was very comfortable.
Our view
This is the only picture with a hat on Miss Charlotte. There was much screaming and flailing, so out of consideration for the other fans (and the players!) I opted for a slathering of sunblock all over her head.
Serious game face. Pink lemonade #2.
Seriously tasty pretzals.
The happy family on our way out. Doesn't look like part of a baseball stadium, does it??
Much more celebrating to come in the next few days, but it was an awesome day. I'm not sure how we're going to top this for birthday #5!
2 comments:
HAPPY, HAPPY Birhtday, Nocholas! I hope your day is incredible! It looks like it's off to an amazing start!
(Cabrini, would you mind sending me a list of all of your b-days? I'd love to get cards out to you all on time instead of after I read about it on the blog! :-) )
So sorry about all the horrible misspellings in my comment. Good grief! I guess it was way too early in the morning!
Post a Comment