Is it bad that by 8:18am I wanted to sell Nicholas to the circus?? Maybe not sell. Maybe just lend. I've never been more thrilled to leave him with the sitter and go to the dentist. C'mon 1:30pm...
Despite a rough morning and no nap (I figured Charlotte "I scream whenever Mama isn't here" King needed her brother awake while I was gone), we headed out to the zoo post-dentist (no cavities...yea!) to enjoy the awesome weather. The zoo 4 times in the last week may be a little over the top, but it's the beauty of having a free, amazing zoo less than 15 minutes away. We went yesterday post-nap as well and I have to say that 4:30 to 5:30 is a great time. The all-dayers have left, so the zoo is not crowded at all and the parking is awesome! All we really did today was ride the train around for half an hour (again the beauty of the free zoo). Nicholas, who used to want to hold my hand during the tunnels, now sits quiet in his own world on the train, just gazing around, waving at people as we ride. Quite the little man. Charlotte was in rare train form. She was on my lap, leaning forward, holding onto the front of the train with both hands and with the biggest grin. It reminded me of Max in the original Grinch movie. I really wish I had that look captured!
Charlotte laughing at her silly (refusing to smile normally) brother
Nicholas quote of the day: "Mama, is that wish water?" - Took me a while to realize what he was saying...but he wanted to see if he should ask me for a penny to toss in! It wasn't. So few are...
No comments:
Post a Comment