Monday, November 17, 2008

Albuquerque KingFest '08

OK I just made up that name as I was writing this post, but I think "KingFest" is the perfect title for the trip we just took to Albuquerque. Tom's twin brother, Tim, lives there with his wife, Carrie, and 4 kids. Tom's parents, Steve and Kathy, also drove over from Tucson to be with us. It was the first time the whole gang had been together in a few years, so it was really special. It was crazy and fun and heartwarming, and everything that a great family get-together should be.
I turned over almost all photographic duties to Steve and Kathy (I took a grand total of 7 pictures on my camera). Between their two cameras there are HUNDREDS of pictures, so I may update this post when we get all of those. But this will have to tide us over!
Our family arrived on Thursday morning and spent the day letting the kids play in the house and in the backyard. Nicholas loved having boys around to play with. Charlotte spent her time trying to attack Ryan or their dog, Bella...in the most loving and adoring way, of course.

Various adults spent much time pushing Nicholas and Jordon on the swings. Andrew on the other hand is a very capable solo-swinger.
Nicholas seemed to perpetually have either a batting helmet or a bicycle helmet on.

Thursday night Steve and Kathy arrived. The next morning we had pictures done with a professional photographer. Kathy had gotten the cutest coordinating outfits for all the grandchildren. We were a fine-looking bunch, I must say. We'll get those pictures in a few weeks, but we have some that Steve and Kathy took from the shoot (keep in mind that in most of these we're looking at the professional's camera...which bodes well for those pictures!):

The cousins - Charlotte, Jordon, Emily, Ryan, Andrew and Nicholas



The rest of the weekend was crammed with a Thanksgiving celebration, Christmas presents and lots of family, food and fun.

The gang in our Christmas PJs courtesy of the grandparents

One funny moment - Nicholas was sleeping in Emily's room (painted pink...he was in heaven) and woke up Friday night around 3am. He proceeded to color me a picture, and go down the hall to get a book out of his suitcase. This is not a normal occurrence, by the way. I can't think of this ever happening in his entire life. Tim heard him and went in there to get him back to bed (Tom and I were blissfully unaware of all this). The next morning, when we were talking about it with Nicholas, we asked who had told him to go back to sleep. His reply? "You, Daddy. With your shirt off." Apparently topless Uncle Tim can pass for Tom at 3am!

We had such a wonderful time...and we hope for many future KingFests!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny!! Hey, I used to confuse my mom and Aunt Sharon all the time! haha And they're not even twins...I can only imagine! :) Glad to hear you guys are doing well! I miss you tons!!

-Amy Aylward

Rachel H said...

The family pics look like they turned out great! I love all the coordinating and matching outfits.