Saturday, November 1, 2008

"But I Don't Like Them!!"

Flu shots, that is. Nicholas screamed, and I mean SCREAMED, this at the top of his lungs while we were waiting for our shots today in the middle of Sam's. Tom did his (no screaming from him), I did mine, and then Nicholas just FREAKED OUT when it was his turn. I let a few people go ahead of us because he was just losing his mind. After almost 10 minutes of convincing, we managed to get it done (high pitched, loud-as-he-could screaming throughout). I really didn't know what the best option was as far as:
1) getting the flu shot, which we needed
2) not letting him think that screaming gets you out of things you don't want to do
3) not being a total and utter disturbance to everyone
I guess I went with #3 being outweighed by the first two. Ugh. As we walked out, there was pity on the faces of some, and total disgust on the faces of others. I'm thinking I know which ones are the parents!

No comments: