The forecast was for a high of 60 degrees today, so we couldn't pass up some outside time. We ventured to the Zoo and tried to do as many outdoor activities as we could in our 90 minutes before closing.
Still sick...but getting some fresh air has got to be good for her!

Adoringly looking at her big brother

Who wouldn't adore that face?

"I know. You're looking at my cool outfit." I'm not sure when striped pants and polka dot sweater and socks stop being OK, but I'm glad that Charlotte is still at the age where it's cute!

Although it was 60 degrees, the ice on the pond is still there. Always a treat for Nicholas to see the geese "walking on the water"!

OK they moved as I was taking this picture, so this isn't the cuteness I was going for... But I still had to include it so you could see the CRAZY snakes. The snakes were raising themselves up several feet in the air near the glass. See the totally vertical one on the left? It was my favorite thing in the snake house.

Charlotte was fascinated by the sea lions and their noises. I think Nicholas (who has seen them a million times) became more fascinated watching his sister be so excited.
What a handsome guy. Nicholas always requests I take his picture at this spot outside Penguin & Puffin Cove. He does it, I'm sure, because it involves climbing up on a rock!

On the way home, Nicholas (completely unprompted) taught Charlotte how to blow her nose into a tissue. He spoke so sweetly to her, demonstrating technique and then complimenting her on all her tries. It was a proud mama moment for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment