Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Creamy PB anyone?
Whenever Nicholas hasn't wanted to do or try something, or if he's too young for something, he has usually said a version of - "Maybe when I'm four I'll like broccoli" or "When I'm 33 I can drive a car". The age is almost always either 4 (being his next birthday, which always seemed far off until the day it happened), or 33 (being my and Tom's age, which must seem like the end of time to him). Along these lines, whenever asked if he wanted creamy or crunchy peanut butter, he's always said "Creamy. Maybe when I'm four I'll like crunchy". I've always stocked both, since Tom much prefers crunchy. (I could go either way, and I don't really eat that much peanut butter) The last time my mom was here and we made a Costco run (it's so far away from our house here in St Louis that I let our membership expire), I stocked up on organic creamy PB. We just opened up the first of two very large jars that came packaged together. A few days ago, the guys were having PB toast and Tom asked Nicholas about the PB. Nicholas said crunchy. No followup. Nothing. As if he's always eaten crunchy. Since then, he's all about the crunchy PB and has actually commented that he likes it now that he's four. So I guess he really meant what he's been saying all along. Going to have to try out the broccoli...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment