Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Tubes Await
We met with Nicholas' Ear, Nose & Throat doctor this morning, and he has decided we should go ahead with tubes in both ears. This darn fluid just refuses to go away. At our checkup 3 weeks ago there was only fluid in one ear and the doctor had hoped that the steroid would clear it up, but alas, it's still there and fluid has shown up again in his other ear. I asked the doctor if he was surprised that Nicholas hasn't had ear infections (in his whole life he's had only one very mild one we didn't treat), but he wasn't. Apparently at Nicholas' age you really just see hearing issues, which is how we found the issue back in March. So this coming Monday we'll be having a quick little outpatient surgery to stick them in. I assume this means he'll listen to me all the time now? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, poor Nicholas. I have heard that tubes make such a great difference though. We will be thinking about y'all on Monday!
Post a Comment