So I know people sometimes catch baseballs. Some people catch hockey pucks. But not many get golf balls at PGA Tour events! But I'm getting ahead of myself... Today Nicholas and Tom went to the BMW Championship which was being played here in town. Thanks to FedEx (the tournament is a FedEx Cup playoff event) for the tickets! They spent some time in the FedEx tent, which kept them happy with snacks and drinks (I hear there were many cookies consumed by my guys). But then Nicholas needed to be a little closer to the action! They got to see lots of players, many of whom Nicholas knows (most notably Vijay Singh). Because of the position of the tee boxes versus where the gallery could stand, Tom had Nicholas up on his shoulders so he could have a better view. Before one player, Eric Axley, teed off, he walked over and tossed a ball to Nicholas. Obviously Nicholas was beyond thrilled. Especially when he saw that Axley (who is also a lefty) marks his ball with a pink dot. Personally I'd say it was more red...but Nicholas is sure that it's pink. Mr. Eric Axley has a new little fan. I'm a fan too. What a cool thing for him to do!! Sorry no pictures. No cameras allowed. Don't they know that we need pics for the blog?!?
We're going to be in real trouble whenever Tom ends up with a job with fewer perks. I think Nicholas thinks this is all the norm!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment