Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First...Shuffle?

I had a meeting at Nicholas' preschool this morning after I dropped him off, exactly when I should have been putting Charlotte down to sleep. So instead of nap, I was trying to entertain her while learning about the school's big fundraiser - Fall Fling. Two friends from Bunko were there and one had brought her younger son (who is 7 months older than Charlotte). Charlotte was fascinated with them both. She was standing up right by me (again, I'm not completely focused in on her because I'm trying to listen) and the next thing I know, she's giggling and moving her feet to get to my friend Corrie. She did get almost a real step in before dropping down to crawl mode. It was such a shock! I'm not sure I'm ready for her to be a walker yet! After afternoon naps we were hanging in Nicholas' room and decided to entice her with one of her favorite things (the phone). Again she got super excited and managed to shuffle both feet this time. I still don't think I'll call it walking yet (for baby book milestone purposes), but I think we might be heading that direction sooner rather than later. She's growing up!

Notice how she holds the phone? I seriously think she does that because I always have the speaker on whenever the kids are listening, and the speaker is on the backside of the handset. But maybe that's just me thinking she's advanced. She also says "hi'. I'm pretty sure. :)

1 comment:

Rachel H said...

Hooray for Charlotte! Keep on shuffling!