Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Celebration

Bright and early, the kids were up and we headed downstairs. To our surprise, the Bunny had visited our house in the night and had left 2 eggs on the living room table - one for each child.

The eggs contained clues (and a few jelly beans) which led the kids on a house-wide hunt for their Easter baskets

Despite being really tired (or so I imagine), the Bunny managed to make some pretty good clues

Charlotte found one in her high chair

I think the clue that led here said something about wanting cookies.

With baskets located, we had some breakfast including a treat of little powdered sugar donuts. They're Tom's favorite, but Charlotte had never had them. She's for sugar in any form and certainly had her share.

Speaking of sugar, Nicholas mentioned to me last night - "I hope the Easter Bunny remembers that I love Peeps". I heard through the grapevine that the Bunny searched far and wide last night (3 stores!), but determined that Peeps were completely sold out in St Louis. Apparently there were stuffed animal (really cute) Peeps at one store and one ended up in Nicholas' basket. After all that trouble the Bunny went through...not one mention this morning. Ah well. The beauty of being overwhelmed with other things.

After a nice day (church, lunch at home, naps for both kids -yea!) we had a blast coloring eggs with Nicholas tonight once Charlotte was down. It was Nicholas' first egg dying experience. He took it very seriously. He was also glad that there was pink paint.

Tom provided some expert advise.

Happy Easter from the Kings!

No comments: