Friday, April 10, 2009

Gas Station Entertainment

You may think I've sunk to a new low in finding entertainment for my kiddos... Here's the scoop - FredBird, our beloved Cardinals mascot, was making a one-hour appearance at a new gas station convenience store that just opened by our house. We got a postcard announcing his visit. Nicholas was SO excited, and even Charlotte spoke of almost nothing but "Be-Bir" all morning. When we actually arrived, Nicholas ran right over for a FredBird hug. Charlotte screamed and snuggled me with all her might. She only THINKS that she wants to be around Be-Bir.

Apparently all local moms didn't come to this event, and mine were the only kids there! Nicholas soaked it all in, and was particularly taken by the live ESPN radio guys.

Nicholas was clearly comfortable from the get go. By the end (yes, we were there for almost 45 minutes!), Charlotte at least managed to give FredBird a high five. In my defense, it was absolutely the nicest gas station I've ever been in (so I guess their marketing campaign worked!), and if FredBird was there again, we would be there too!



No comments: