
A few days ago, I was attempting to clean out the fridge and found a bag of three over-the-hill apples. Instead of pitching them, which was my plan, Nicholas and I devised an experiment. We set all three out on the back patio and waited to see what would happen. The first day - nothing. The second day - one apple had been slightly nibbled and rolled a few inches. The third day - this critter discovered the apples and went to town. He managed to get one of them up on top of the wood pile! He munched away while we watched. I don't know if it was he or his buddies, but by the end of the day, all the apples had disappeared. Besides the entertainment value, Nicholas also learned the word "hypothesis". It's pretty cute. He's all set for "Science Explorers" which he's taking Monday afternoons in the Fall at his school.
No comments:
Post a Comment